Botox and Dysport have become very popular in recent years. Thanks to advertising, reality shows, and the explosion of anti-aging treatments, there are very few people who have not heard of these two popular products. It feels like everyone is getting these treatments. These products have many uses in the field of medicine. Patients commonly ask what the difference between Botox and Dysport is. This article will explain their similarities and differences.
What are Dysport and Botox?
They are injectable forms of Botulinum toxin type A. Their official names are Botox and Dysport cosmetic. Botulinum toxin derived from a bacterium called Clostridium botulinum. This is not the first medication produced from bacteria as the product commonly known, penicillin, also produced from bacteria.
How do Dysport and Botox work?
Botox and Dysport work temporarily preventing nerve activation. At the molecular level, nerves excrete a substance called neurotransmitters. These neurotransmitters are connected to a muscle, gland, or other value to activate. The botulinum toxin functions to prevent the release of neurotransmitters in the synapse between a nerve and its target. The specific neurotransmitter called acetylcholine prevents excretory is. Consult a specialist with Dysport In FL to find out how Dysport best work for you.
What are the similarities between Botox and Dysport?
- Both use botulism type A
- Both work in the same way
- Treat similar conditions
- They are injected in the same way
- Both are equally safe
How are Botox and Dysport different?
The differences between these two products are at a level of fine detail. The difference between the root two products is in the preservative active ingredient is mixed, Dysport contains less protein compared to Botox. Essentially, Dysport is a purer form of botulinum toxin. These are the basis of the subtle differences between the two products.
The following is a list of the qualities of Dysport and Botox how they differ:
- Dysport can last longer. Dysport lasts between 3-12 months, while Botox can last 3-6 months.
- Studies show that Dysport has a faster onset of action. Typically, Dysport starts working in 2-3 days instead of 3-5 days for Botox.
- Dysport has less protein in the solution, which may cause an immunological reaction in which the body produces antibodies against it. These antibodies can prevent Botox and Dysport to work effectively in the long run. Less antibody means lasting results.
- Dysport is less painful when being injected than Botox.
- Botox has been shown to be more effective in treating excessive sweating compared to Dysport.
- Dysport contains traces of cow protein. Any patient with severe allergy to milk protein should not use Dysport, but you can use Botox.
- Dysport may extend after injection. It is a good quality because it can treat a larger area with fewer injections. It can be a negative quality if it spreads to an unwanted area. Some use a concentrated dilution of Dysport to limit the spread of Dysport.
- Dysport is typically cheaper in most practices.
- Botox has more brand recognition.
So what it is the most important deciding factor between Botox and Dysport?
The most important factor in deciding which product is best for you is choosing your injector. The technique of injecting Botox and Dysport is easy. Difficult aspects involved these injections are:
- Facial analysis
- The differences in facial anatomy
- Subtle differences in the injection can turn a good result into a great result
For these reasons, the decision about who will do the injections is more important than the type of botulinum toxin used. I would always recommend patients rely on your face with a facial expert. If a patient wants to Dysport In FL should consult with a qualified injector. Find a facial plastic surgeon that has a deep knowledge of facial anatomy.
Learn more alternative ways to reduce body fat in this article.